Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When my book falls

As the embers of my heart
Are assured when I must part
You will see and find
Even though you seem bottled and blind

With the waterfalls of faith
With my idol’s fate gone forth
And my faith in them never frazzled
Friend or not I will never lose hope

Hoping the hornet’s nest will leave soon
To lay your burdens home

Grace is all I pour
It may seem silently sore
But I know it’s from my callused core

Right now, more is to remain unknown
Less you’re supposed to tow alone
But all shall be as if it had never been sewn

When my book falls down bellow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done.... I like the "less you're suppose to tow alone." It sounds very sad and very lonely. Not that those sentiments in themselves are desirable, but you have portrayed them really well. Your poetry is beautiful, but unfortunately above me. I like the way the words sound...

Dré Deslauriers said...

Thanks Alisha! poetry should not be above or bellow anybody. I'm sorry you feel that way but you should not. I think a piece of art can have a different meaning to everyone.