Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Acquired taste finally acquired


When I was a kid. I hated the way vegetables tasted. Now I love them. Only I year ago I was disgusted with the taste of olives, now I love them too (especially the garlic stuffed ones at Strathcona farmers market). A few years ago I disliked the way wine tasted. Everybody told me it was an acquired taste but I never really understood that. This fall I had a Spanish red wine at my aunts house in Montreal and I actually liked it. Recently I had an Argentinean wine that has been made for over 4 generations and I thought its taste was the next best thing besides skiing in waist deep fresh champagne canadian powder. I think it is now safe to say I have finally acquired a liking for the taste of wine. Here is a photo of that Argentinean wine. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wine is definitely an aquired taste - but once it's aquired - the rest is golden! Normally I like dry wines - but I had a homemade blackberry wine that tasted like juice. So good.

Dré Deslauriers said...

My favourite is Carbernet Sauvignon, I am still developing to say whether a wine is dry, wet, hard, soft etc. Wine that taste like juice sounds good but dangerous...

Chris said...

i like the title of this one.

as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you can tell if a wine is dry, wet etc, as long as you can tell if it's "good" or "bad."