Monday, May 11, 2009

eff dubelyas


I am a big fan of fireworks! They bring back so many memories. Three summers ago Evan, Tyler and I lit off fireworks on a beach in a BC provincial park where we were not allowed but did it anyways. As soon as we lit em, the park patrol we're on us like butter on bread but we escaped luckily. From then on we referred to fireworks as FWs (eff dubelyas) as a lingo to avoid the park patrol finding out we lit of the FWs. Now I live in Edmonton, I moved in on July 1st and was putting together cheap but reliable ikea furniture that night when I heard loud bangs and thought somebody had a gun or something in the building. But then I look outside and remembered "Oh yea...Its Canada day today" . Yup, I had a prime seat to a sweet fireworks show. This is a picture I took from my apartment. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Fireworks too! Every year we go to Thunder in the Valley to watch the fireworks - you should come meet us sometime - it's always a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

i think i have photos from the same night on the other side of the valley. sweet pic son.

Dré Deslauriers said...

Thunder in the valley sounds awesome. Let me know next time ur going.